Alkaline water is the recommended type of water because of its detoxifying and acid-neutralizing properties. It helps the body to detoxify to the cellular level and improves the ability of your immune system. But you cannot have healthy water without having a machine that changes the ionic nature of water quite a bit. How would you choose the right water ionizing apparatus
when there are several of these machines in the market?
1. Check the reputation of the seller. There are only a few reputable alkaline water machine sellers on the planet. These companies have made it long enough because of the quality of their machines and their good consumer relations. It’s easy to find them because their websites appear on the first page of Google when you look for them.
2. Know how their machines work. A water ionizer works through the principle of electrolysis. Water with some ions is subjected to electric currents to dissociate molecules to hydrogen and hydroxide ions. Such dissociation occurs at the electrodes. Hence, it is important to check the number of electrodes. How many electrodes does the machine have? The surface area of the electrodes is also essential to the efficiency of the apparatus. A water ionizing device with 3 big plates is often the one recommended. Make sure the electrodes are made of titanium plates coated with platinum. Otherwise, do not buy the product.
3. How much water can it produce? A cheap machine that takes forever to produce a glass of water is plain useless. Read the description for the water ionizer and see the rate at which it produces water.
4. Ask about the warranty period. While one-year warranty for the alkaline water maker is okay, note that there are manufacturers that put a 5-year warranty on their machines. A good ionizer should last for about ten years though.
5. The pH of water the machine produces is another consideration. Ideally, alkaline water should have a pH range from 8.5 to 9.5. Anywhere higher than this range makes water harsh to the skin. A pH reading lower than 8.5 means inadequate ionization process.
6. Check out the filtration mechanism of the water ionization apparatus. Modern ionizers are equipped with water treatment system. Unwanted minerals from your tap water shall be filtered out before passing through the electrolysis system.
7. Make sure the device is easy to use. Good water ionizers are those that can be operated by simply pushing the buttons. It’s frustrating to check the manual each time.
8. Compare prices of machines. Indeed, water ionizers have different prices, depending on the functionality and speed of operations. However, these machines are really pricey. The high price of these machines deters many people from buying them.
9. Check out demos. The best way to understand the product is through checking demos for the product. Such demos actually provide usage instructions.
10. Check out reviews. Product descriptions and demos alone are not enough to decide whether you should buy the apparatus or not. You should read testimonials about the product to know its qualities and flaws.
All these reminders mean that you cannot rush buying decisions. Since water ionizers are expensive, it is only right that you choose the right water ionizing machine so that you do not end up wasting your money.